The Windows 8 and Windows 10 versions program called as the Windows Defender always helps you in protecting your data from viruses, malware, and various other online threats. As we all know very well that the Windows Defender in 10/ 8 versions is nothing but just a decrease version of the Microsoft Security Essentials.
However, with the default settings, the Windows Defender in Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 download and installs always required few updates once in a day and doesn’t require any manual involvement. So that the Defender automatically check for the updates, and if an update is available then it can automatically be downloaded on your computer.
Though, sometimes because of some reasons your computer is not connected to the internet or due to any other reasons you want to install the updates manually, then you can also do it by following the below-given process. The process is easy and simple but to make it easier and error-free we suggest you follow the instruction in a proper sequence, by doing it in the series you can also be able to save your time.
Manually Upgrade Windows Defender Online in Windows 10/8.1
The steps are discussed below:
- Firstly, check for the version of Windows 10/8.1(32 or 64-bit) installed on your computer. For checking the versions follow the following steps:
- First, right-click on the Computer icon located on the desktop.
- Then, click on the Properties option.
- After that, visit the Microsoft.com to download all the latest updates for the Windows Defender.
Note: if you are using Windows version 32-bit then click on the 32-bit link which is given on the Microsoft website or if you are using 64-bit then click on the 64-bit link on the official website of Microsoft for downloading all the latest updates. Make sure that you are downloaded the right version of the update as the updates released for 32-bit cannot be installed on the 64-bit version on your computer.
- Once the update file is downloaded, then go to the Download folder.
- Then, you need to Double-click on that to install all the latest updates.
Harry Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.