Amazon has made it handier to send songs to a nearby Alexa speaker. Now, the latest update to the Amazon Music app can activate Alexa Cast, which will allow you to cast, or send, any of the songs you’re listening to on your Android or iOS device to an Alexa speaker such as the Amazon Echo.
This week, Amazon has introduced this (Alexa Cast) new feature for Alexa in order to battle with the likes of Apple Airplay and Google Cast. Alexa tends to respond to voice control by returning the information on products (obviously on Amazon), news, music, sports, weather and many more.
Setting up and using Alexa Cast is an easy task to perform, follow the steps to know how you can set up and use Alexa Cast:
- First of all, you just have to download the Amazon Music app from Google Play or App store.
- Then sign into your Amazon account.
- Now you will need to find the song or playlist you want to listen to.
- And select your song to begin playing.
- You then have to swipe up for the music preview. It is a circular icon that looks like album art.
- Doing so will reveal all of the music controls.
- Click the button located in the lower right of the play controls window. You will find it looking very similar to the Google Cast icon.
- Then you will need to select an Alexa speaker or Multi-Room Music group. You will see it on the menu.
- Now the music will start playing via the speaker or group you’ve selected.
- And you are also going to able to control playbacks using own voice with voice commands like “Alexa, play the next song,’ or “Alexa, turn down the volume.”
What if you don’t want to play music through the speaker or group you have selected, and want to play the music through your phone again? Here is what you will need to do:
- Open your Amazon music one more time.
- Open the Music Controls.
- Then tap on the Alexa Cast icon.
- Now you need to select the Disconnect option. You will find it next to the currently selected speaker.
We hope that this article will help you learn how you can set up and use the Amazon Cast.
Harry Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.