The notifications log was initially launched all the way back with Android 4.3 Jellybean. It is still accessible from Android Lollipop through Android Nougat and Android Oreo as well.
Restore lost notification on Android device
These Notification Logs enables you to access the deleted notifications (additionally, you can view all system notifications), but can only be available through an almost-secret widget. On several phones, it appears that you need to enable the Developer Options first for unlocking the widget and retrieving notifications that have gone missing.
To unlock the developer options, you need to go into Settings, tap About Phone and then tap on the Build number several times. After tapping 4-5 times, you’ll get an on-screen notification that lets you know you are now a developer.
Steps to get back lost notification on Android
- Long-tap any empty space on the home screen of your Android device, then tap Widgets.
- Scroll down or swipe left the widget menu until you reach the Settings shortcut widget.
- After that, long-tap the widget until you get the home screens appearing, then drag it to a home screen of your choice.
- Here in the Settings shortcut menu, scroll down and click the Notification log.
- Now, on your home screen, a Notification log shortcut will come into view. Just click this, and you’ll have access to your notification history. You can now get back those missed notifications.
Once you get in the notification log, you can see active notifications in white and notifications that you closed are present in the gray section. You should tap the gray notifications just as you usually do. Doing so will take you to the source of the notification.
Thank you for reading this post. We hope that information as mentioned above is going to be helpful to you. All the best!
Harry Williams is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.